Monday, January 30, 2012

Bev Personal: I {love} Cameron House

I don't share my personal life on the web often. Mainly because I try to protect my privacy and my whereabouts. I'm the person who will post my travels after I've visited the country, or "Check In" at a restaurants a few days later. Anyway, I'd love to tell you about a very special place, near and dear to my heart. It's Cameron House.
Cameron House is a Chinatown-based multi-service agency serving Asian communities in the San Francisco Bay Area. Motivated by our Christian commitment to promote healthy communities, we have served individuals, immigrant families and youth since 1874.


To me, Cameron House is my 2nd home. A place where I grew up doing my homework after school, a place where I learned American traditions and values, and most importantly, a place where I practiced to serve the Lord, and do good unto others. 


Every year, we honor those individuals who have contributed to the Community in one way or the other. This year, at the 10th Annual Soul & Elegance Gala held on February 18, 2012, I will be among 4 others who will be receiving the "Donaldina Cameron House - Excellence in Community Service" award. I am extremely humbled and hope that you'l join me at this amazing fundraiser this year.

Date: February 18, 2012, Saturday evening. 
Time: 5:30PM -11PM
Location: South San Francisco Conference Center
For more information on this Event, 
visit us at www.cameronhouse.org 

No comments: